Friday, October 2, 2009

10.02.09 Update

Well, we have had a busy few weeks. Sorry for not updating more than I have. I haven't been so good about taking pictures this past month. We (the kiddos & I) have been traveling back and forth from our home here in Moses Lake to the west side (Maple Valley and Auburn area) to visit Brandon who is SUPER busy with his regular job and his business. Between both of them he puts in about a 16 hour day 5 days a week and then another 8 hours on Sat. & Sun. I have no clue how he does this! I am so grateful to have such a hard working husband who provides so much for our family. I hope one day (soon) he can quit his normal job and just work for himself. I have been busy driving back and forth since the twins are in preschool 3 days a week here in Moses Lake (Tues., Wed. & Thurs.) which makes it nice to head over Thursday afternoon to spend the weekend and come home on Monday.



This past week when I came home Monday with all 5 kiddos I wasn't feeling so well. I lugged everything in and feed the kids dinner, put Brady to bed and started bedtime with the girls. I thought maybe a good nights rest would help! I watched some TV before heading to bed and woke up the next morning feeling a little better. I made oatmeal for the girls and then headed to my room to get ready to take the twins to preschool that morning. When I walked in the bathroom and looked at myself for the first time I almost screamed! My left eye was blood red! I quickly googled "eye bleed" and decided to call my parents. My dad answered the phone and said get ready, call my neighbor and friend to come watch the kids and get into Urgent Care ASAP! I called, texted but no one was answering so I calmly got us all ready and headed out the door to take the twins to preschool. I dropped them off and drove to Urgent Care. On my way my neighbor and friend, Becky called me back and I told her what was going on and she met me there and kept an eye on Brady and the older girls for me. I got seen pretty quick and they took my blood pressure which was sky high, 172/112! I felt panicked and stressed so I wasn't at all shocked. They took some blood to check my TSH & T-4 level for my thyroid and told me they would call me tomorrow with the results and said that my high blood pressure caused the bleed in my eye and that my eye should heal in 2-3 weeks. I was to go home a rest! I called my mom and picked up the twins from preschool. While waiting for the twins I talked to Liz (a sweet friend) and told her about my morning. She was so sweet to listen! I went home and had lunch with Becky and Kyla stopped by with a fizzy yummy coke! Then later that night Liz brought us pizza and cookie dough. I am so blessed by these women. I am so honored to call them all friends. I sure needed their help even though it's hard for me to accept it sometimes. I just don't want to ever make it difficult on someone or put them out in anyway! I hope one day that I can re-pay them for their encouraging words and thoughtfulness.



After lunch my mom called and said that she and my sister were coming over to take care of me. And they sure did! I was so sad to see them go this morning. My mom and sister helped with the kids, things around the house, kept me company, drove me, took me to doctor appointments and my sister made dinner two nights in a row and dessert along with other goodies!!! I am so blessed to have family that will come 2.5 hours to take care of me and help me. I love them so much and miss them! They left this morning with the older girls so it will be easier on me this next week. It is so strange only having 3 kids. My blood pressure is down now 131/87...the bottom one could be better but I'm sure it will be soon. I feel better and don't feel as anxious as I did earlier this week. Well, I thought I would fill you all in and I promise to be a better blogger in October :)

No comments: