With Thanksgiving just a few days away and the seemingly, never-ending battle over picky kids at any mealtime, I have been trying to get the girls (two in particular) to be thankful for any food at our table. We have it so easy compared to so many people!!! I know I am guilty too, of thinking I have less than what I think I should. But the reality is, we are blessed beyond measure! I need to be better at showing my kids that we have more than we need and that God provides for us. I am trying to teach them that we should be truly happy for what we do have and not to be concerned about what it is we think we should to have. In these teaching moments I know that children get it more than what they let on or what we think they do but they are also just children and have a hard time wrapping their mind around things as well. Here is a little "play-by-play" conversation I was having with the girls earlier this week.
Reagan: "Ewwww...I don't want that for lunch!"
Mom: "Reagan, you need to eat it....Do you know how many children would be thankful to have that for lunch. Some children don't get to eat every meal like you do and when they do eat it isn't something as tasty as what you have!"
Makenna: "Yeah, Reagan....some kids don't even have a home or bed to sleep in and not even a Gamma Judy blanket!"
Lorelai: "NO GAMMA JUDY BLANKET? That is so bad, Mom!!!" Everyone has to have a Gamma Judy blanket, I love mine!"
So sweet! I was trying to get them to be thankful for food but I am thankful that after the conversation they are thankful for something....their Gamma Judy blankets!
The Magic Of Vacation!
17 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment