Saturday, November 10, 2007

Brady's Hospital Bills (and mine)

Well, after weeks of being pestered by my husband I FINALLY added up the GRAND TOTAL of the cost of our miracle baby! (I was afraid to see how much he was) So from the point when I started seeing the High-risk doctor which was about the 24 week mark this was what we have been billed.

Evergreen Hospital $83,851.38
(Keep in mind this was for my hospital room, the OR for my c-section and Brady's room for his stay of 19 days along with our nurses as well as labs)

Obstetrix/Pediatrix $52,495.25
(This bill was for my doctor appointments before Brady was here, the c-section, my care from my doctor afterwards and of course the 19 days of doctor visits for Brady)

GRAND TOTAL: $136,346.63

My son healthy...PRICELESS :)

THANK GOD FOR REALLY GOOD MEDICAL INSURANCE!!!!!

2 comments:

Christina Johnson said...

HOLY CRAP!
Thanks God for insurance is right! I'm so glad he's here!

Mary said...

Yeah..I tried adding it all up for the twins but eventually I gave up! I estimated they were about half a million! Although...it could have been more. With Savannah's surgeries...all their blood transfusions....etc etc etc. Thank GOD my husband and I BOTH had health insurance on the twins so between our two insurance policies (luckily through the same company) we only had to pay $1000 for my hospital stays (2 of them at $500 each) and $11.86 per baby. Talk about relieved...we really expected to be paying on that bill for the rest of our lives! Even the lady that called to tell us how much we owed was amazed at how much our insurance covered. I guess we are lucky they didn't drop us...LOL