Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My 1st Thanksgiving making dinner!

So, techically this will be our second Thanksgiving away from my family since we moved last year. We ate out last year and this year we are having dinner in our new house. The In-laws are coming (actually, they should be here within the hour) and I have probably talked to my mom atleast 10 times already asking questions on all the food she makes and if I am doing it right. I have never done this before and my mom does it all the time so it's been a little hard knowing we are missing out on another Thanksgiving with my wonderful family and eating the most delicious perfect food. The only thing making it better besides the wonderful pumpkin pies I've just made is that I get to be with them on Christmas. Anyways, enough pouting...here is our menu for Thanksgiving.

Appitizers:
Bean dip
stuffed pitas
Hickory Farms goodies
cheese puffs

Dinner:
20lb turkey
10lb smoked turkey
5lb ham
green bean casserole
yams (YUCK)
cranberry orange jello salad
layered salad
deviled eggs
stuffing

PIES:
2 pumpkin
1 double layer pumpkin
1 key lime
1 chocolate peanut butter
1 dutch apple
1 banana chocolate cream

(I know, a little overboard on the pies but I need everything to be perfect)

1 comment:

CLAUDIA said...

AUBREYS THANSKGIVING DINNER AND DAY WAS THE MOST PERFECT EVER.

WHAT A PERFECT WEEKEND, ALSO.

ONLY WISH, WOULD HAVE BEEN TO HAVE HAD SHINA AND JORDAN THERE WITH US.
THANK YOU AUBREY, FOR YOUR LOVE AND ALL THE ENERGY YOU PUT INTO MAKING A GREAT DINNER, AND SPECIAL TIME FOR US. LOVE, MOM AND DAD