Thursday, January 29, 2009

What's been going on???

So much has been going on I thought I'd better get it all down so I wouldn't forget!!! Sorry, no pictures today....I will try my very hardest to get some on tomorrow of Christina's baby shower!
  • Brandon has been taking a class on the west side for the past 3 Saturdays. This Saturday is the last one. We have been on the west side for one week today, we will be heading back to Moses Lake on Monday (Feb. 2nd)!

  • Brady has been VERY sick since we got here. I took him to his pediatrician in Moses Lake last Wednesday and she said he had a little cold and was suffering a bit from his asthma. She said to keep a watch on it and call her if there were any changes. Then Thursday we left for the west side and by Friday his was in pretty bad shape. I got him ready and we headed to Urgent Care. We arrives at 10am and finally left 3.5 hours later after seeing the doctor, getting x-rays and a prescription for steroids. We started him on them and by Saturday night I called the on-call doctor and concerned that the doctor had given him too much steroids. Come to find out he had given him the maximum dose age and for those who have never been around someone on steroids they can be moody and almost inconsolable. The on-call doctor told me to continue giving him the prescribed dosage but call our regular doctor on Monday to see if she would make a change. So after the baby shower I threw for my BFF ;) we headed again to urgent care...this time a different one. Brady was very uncomfortable and was running a high fever with a nasty cough. Thankfully this time around we were only there for about an hour. The doctor said he had a very bad double ear infection, bronchitis and pneumonia! He gave him an antibiotic and ear drops to numb his ears for the pain. We had planned on coming home on Monday (Jan. 26th) but the doctor told us we needed to stay put that because of us having to drive over the pass it could burst his ear drum and that it would be painful because of the altitude. So we decided to stay thought the week since it didn't make much since to go home on Wednesday just to turn around again to come over Friday for Brandon's class. All day Monday and Tuesday I had a little grumpy leach. Today was the first day I could actually put him down without crying. Our doctor changed his steroid dosage and he is in such a better mood. We were told to take him to Children's Hospital walk-in clinic if he gets worse but so far he is doing so much better. He still has a nasty cough and we are just praying he gets over it all very soon. We have a doctor's appointment with our pediatrician on Monday when we get back to Moses Lake and I will update you on how he is doing then. Thanks for all of you who have been praying for him.

  • On Sunday January 25th, I got to have a baby shower for my nearest and dearest friend, Christina who is due with my little nephew Luke in about 8 weeks!!!! I am so excited :) We played some fun games like "guess what kind of melted chocolate candy bar is in the diaper" and "measure Christina's little cute belly with toilet paper" :) We ate cake, which my very talented sister made and watched her open all her gifts! It was a great day and I am so blessed to be able to throw her a shower. Since all of our friends and family live on the west side my Mom was sweet and opened up her home since I am sure none of them wanted to drive 2.5 hours to Moses Lake to have it at my home! My aunt Jenny also brought back matching green, blue, orange and brown M&M's from Vegas!! It was great! I will try and get some pictures posted tomorrow! She is going to be such a wonderful Mommy. I am so excited for her to know the joy of this mircale from God! I love you Christina and I can't wait for the special day so I can hold 'em and kiss 'em! :)

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Hi Friend! I am sorry to hear that Brady and you have been through so much in the last week. I will be praying that he gets better and you get some rest. So glad to hear that the shower went very well. Can't wait to see you when you return. Miss you!

Christina Johnson said...

Aww! I love you too!
It's comforting to know I have Super Mom for a 'BFF' :o)

michele said...

I am so sorry about Brady... what a rough time. The shower sounded wonderful! What a wonderful time and it is always a delight to shower a good friend.

Maria said...

I'm glad to hear Brady is doing better. That is especially hard to have a sick little one and be gone from home. We have missed seeing you.

Alisa said...

Poor little Brady! Praying he continues to get better. I hope you can get some rest this week. Thanks for your encouragement and prayers, by the way.:)