skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Lorelai Faith
Well, what a weird thing to be told by the doctor that after 4.5 years she has become allergic to food....what food???? We haven't figured it out yet. As you all know she has been fighting this weird rash and very dry flaky skin for well over a month now. I took her in again yesterday to be looked at because she gets better, than worse, than better and now is worse again. She is itching SO much that she is all scratched up. The poor girl is just miserable! The doctor has asked us to ONLY bathe her once every 7 days and at that she can ONLY be in tepid water for 5 minutes. We can only wash with cetaphil (which is what we use for Brady) and only on the 3 dirtiest areas...feet, bum and armpits ;) After the bath we have to slather her up in either...Vaseline, Crisco or Olive Oil! Plus she has 3 different steroid cremes that we have to put on her twice a day. We use the first one for 3 days, the second for 10 days and the third one for 30+ days. (I know you probably don't need to know all this info but it will be nice for me to look back on this when I get the time to do her baby book and I can see all this info and be able to tell her the story right instead of hoping I will be able to remember...which I can tell you won't happen ;) We are doing a 10 day food diary because she is also complaining of a stomach ache (and has been since the rash first came on) So far with doing it for only 2 days I can see a possible suspect...DAIRY! Sound familiar? Yep, her and Brady might just have a common allergy! I am truly grateful that this is all it is. I know full well that people deal with much more difficult things with their children and I am grateful that God is in control and in help in figuring all this out. I am however a bit shocked and overwhelmed! If she is allergic to dairy it is going to be tricky to get her to stop eating it. She loves yogurt, cheese, ice cream...you name it, if it's dairy she loves it. It's so much easier with Brady because he has no idea and is fine without it because he doesn't know what it is. With her it will be hard to have to say no! Anyways, this is what we are having to deal with this week. I pray that this sickness/allergy/asthma attacks slow down. But I have to say it again, if we have to have something wrong I am so happy it is just this. I am counting my blessings!
4 comments:
I'm so sorry I will continue to keep them all in our prayers. Food alergies are tricky. Abigail is still dealing with face and eye flakyness. I'm not sure what were going to do next either. But hers is nothing like Lorelai.
I'll pray for that little sweetie.
Aubrey, you have such a sweet spirit about this whole suprise food allergy. You are so creative as well. Lorelai is so blessed to have such a good mommy. We will keep you and Lorelai in our prayers as you deal with the changes. PS. So good to see you all at church yesterday.
Oh no... poor Lorelai! I am sorry you have to go through this again and even more sorry for her! We will be praying for you!
Post a Comment