Thursday, April 30, 2009

A blog slacker is what I am...

Sorry for not posting much lately! We are going though a new adventure with Brandon starting his own Electrical Contraction business. I am back and forth a lot from our home in Moses Lake and the west side where all the work seems to be (2.5 hours away!) I will catch you up a bit the best I can. Add the new adventure and a broken camera lens and you get a blog slacker! I promise to do better once my lens is fixed. So here is a brief summery of April...

  • We celebrated Brandon's 33rd birthday (on the 13th). Lexi's 6th birthday (on the 22nd) and Meme's @# birthday (on the 23rd...can't tell you her age but she doesn't look a day over 40!) This year with everyone's schedule we did them all together. I've never seen so much cake and ice cream in one night. They each had their own "special" cake. Two of the my sister made and oh, my! So yummy! My Mom and Dad were kind enough to host this event!
  • On the same night as the party Brady had a bad asthma attack. So after I watched them open presents and blow out candles I decided I need to take him in. I am so glad I did. He a combination of pneumonia and asthma both induced by allergies. Scary. Anyways, after a breathing treatment, steroids, antibiotic and another inhaler we got to bring him home! He is doing better now but not quite to his normal yet. He still has a nasty cough!
  • Brandon started working on a big job and worked non-stop for about 10 days and then got to come home to Moses Lake for a weekend and enjoy his own bed (He and the kiddos and I have been staying with Brandon's parents when we are on the west side) And while taking a break he bid another job and we just heard that he got it!! YAY! I am so proud of him for taking this huge step of faith. He has always wanted to start his own shop and he is doing it!!

Not much else is going on. I will get the pictures put on of the big birthday party and ones of Lexi's little friend birthday party. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying spring!

3 comments:

michele said...

Poor Brady, that little sweetie.
The birthday celebration sounded like a lot of fun. My mouth is watering, wanting a piece of that cake!
And congrats to Brandon being up and running on his own!

Maria said...

Well, I think if I had all that going on and 5 children to look after on my own....I would be a blog slacker too :)
Sounds like you've been having fun amid the busy schedule.

Alisa said...

Totally get it my friend! We know what it is like to do the "back and forth" thing. Hope all is well. Haven't seen you in soooo long. Prayed for you this morning...