
(So she is so old that when she was born...we only had a film camera so I don't have ANY baby pics of her on my computer :( I will have to scan some in, maybe by next year :)
Oh, my...oh, my! I can't believe I am typing out in this blog that my oldest baby is turning 8 today! Man, the time has just flown by :( Brandon said to me this morning that she is half way to her license, ack! I said no more talk like that! So every birthday I like to think back about the day or days in Makenna case when they were born.
Miss Makenna was born 4 week early at 36 weeks! She gave me some false labor pains 4 days before coming and we rushed to the U of W to check things out and they said she was fine and sent us home. The next day (which was a Monday) I had my weekly doctor appointment with the best Perinatologist in the whole world at U of W! And he found signs of pre eclampsia. My blood pressure was super high and he admitted me right then and there! I went to L&D and waited for my amnio results that came back that her lungs were developed (nice that I has steroids just in case). They started me on cervidil which I was VERY allergic too and thing went okay to very bad quick. Thankfully, they reacted very fast and they let me recover for about an hour before starting me on pitocin which was nasty stuff. Our family was there all 3 days cheering me on. I think at one point we had 12 people in my room and all I can remember was everyone laughing. I guess they were having tons of fun while I was high on meds :) I loved having them there and so thankful to my mom for sitting by my side the whole time telling me it was going to be okay! Brandon was great too and wanted the honor of cutting my tummy for the c-section when the decided I was never going to progress past 4cm....so glad the doctor said NO! Brandon was by my side the whole time in surgery and then followed Makenna to the nursery afterwards to get her checked out, never leaving her...it was so sweet! I was in labor from Tuesday morning until finally Wednesday night at 11:55pm on August 29th, 2001 when I gave birth to our first daughter, Makenna Ann White via a c-section. I was so completely in love with her and still am today. She is so giving, so kind and loves to go out of her way to help. We are so blessed by her and I look forward to seeing her grow and change into a beautiful young woman every year...although secretly I want her to stop growing :) Like all mom's do I suppose! Thank you God for allowing us to be her parents and watch over her and teach her about you. We feel so honored to be parents of these amazing girls and our one amazing boy :)
Happy Birthday Sweetheart! Daddy and Mommy love you so much!








2 comments:
What a SWEET post Aubrey! And what a blessing she is~
You tell a good story! I love reading about you and your family. Happy Birthday sweet girl!!! And remember as I tell my kids it does not matter how old they get they will ALWAYS be my babies.
Post a Comment