Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Brady is not feeling well again, but....

This time it's because of his excema! The doctor took him off his regular formula and put him on this to try:



Nutramigen® Lipil® is a hypoallergenic, lactose-free formula for babies who develop cow's milk protein allergy symptoms such as excessive crying or rash. Lipil is a blend of DHA and ARA, important nutrients also found in breast milk that promote brain and eye development.

He's not crying from colic but he has the excema REALLY bad all over his tiny little body! I can already see a difference in his face from last night. It was so bad his skin was cracking and bleeding. I am so excited that maybe this will make my baby so much happier!

UPDATE: Well, his rash is disappearing! I still have some doubts that this is really what will make a difference but we will know for sure in a few more days! This formula is quite expensive but if it works I am completely for it! ($22 for the other stuff and $56 a can for the new stuff!) But, if it's what's doing the trick then it's going to make my little man much more comfortable. It says that it will show a big difference in only 48 hours! He has been such a trooper. He is always a happy boy even when he's sick!

6 comments:

Christina Johnson said...

Aww, poor guy!

The Holden Family said...

Robby had the same allergy to cows milk and it would cause him alot of pain too! The good news our doctor said is that it's a common allergy for babies, and they usually grow out of it around 12 months. Robby is completely over it now, he eats and drinks dairy all the time! Hang in there little guy...it will get better!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christina Johnson said...

Whoa! $56 a can!?! That's crazy that they'd do that to people with (obvious) sick infants! It's darn near like a prescription - which means insurance should start picking those suckers up!
Thank goodness he's feeling better though!
Just out of curiousity, how long does a can last for your little linebacker?

~The White family~ said...

Well, it depends on how much table food and baby food he's eating. I would guess about 5-7 days but no more than 7 days. I am thinking it's been more like 5 but now that he is actually wanting to eat big boy food it might last closer to 7 days! So it is going to cost roughly $240 a month instead of $100-$122! Twice as much! But maybe it will help build his immune system and he won't get sick as easliy and we won't have to take him to the doctor once/twice a week so we will actually be saving money then!!!

Anonymous said...

Poor Brady...I hope it helps. I have a favor to ask you. I have like 3 or 4 emails for Doug and Claudia and I was wondering if you could give me their current email address so I can send them emails of Clayton.