Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Update on Brady!


So my little guy has gone through so much these past few months being sick all the time and coughing almost constantly! All those times we were told he had bronchitis he actually was suffering from ASTHMA! Can you believe it?!?! I was actually shocked but so happy we knew why he was felling so icky. Apparently it can be hard to determine on a small baby. And add that with him having all the symptoms of bronchitis and other respiratory issues it was a hard one I guess. Our doctor, Dr. Bross is amazing! I LOVE her, she is kind and so understanding of this since she has it to. So we are on 3 different medicines daily since he has been suffering an attack for awhile now. Two of the medicines are ones he will be on daily forever, they are long term to help prevent attacks. And one is for instant relief when he is struggling to stop coughing and/or breathe. Thank goodness for great medical insurance since it is over $850 a month for the 3 medicines and of that we are only responsible for $70 of it! We go back to the doctor in two weeks for a check up and I will update you more then! Also he is allergic to milk and I posted about the new formula he is on. He will stay on that until he is 12 months (2 more months to go) and then he will be on rice milk. Not sure where to get that or if it will taste good but it's what he can have. He has to be off all dairy, eggs and peanut butter until he's 2 years old and we can try to re-introduce those again and see how he does. She said he might out grow it but he may not. I pray he does. I can't imagine life without cheese and strawberry ice cream! Poor boy gets italian ice for his bithday! Anyways, I hope you are all having a wonderful wednesday!


2 comments:

Christina Johnson said...

Thank God for answers!!! ...And good doctors with medicine :o)

Jayme said...

Rice milk is easy to find at the grocery store. One brand is called something like "Rice Dream." Doesn't taste like much but is much better for you! I'm glad they have finally been able to give you some answers!