Monday, May 5, 2008

Salt Water Sandals, Soup, Salad & Breadsticks!

Ah, what a weeekend. Saturday we (I really mean Brandon) worked in the yard in the afternoon. I will take pictures so you can see what a beautiful yard we have now! The best in the neighborhood if you ask me! But in the morning we were all up and dressed by 7:15am!!! We took the girls and Brady on a long walk, went to breakfast at Jack-In-The-Box and to the pathetic little saturday market here in our small town :) Brandon bought me a pen a guy made. It's like the ones our friend makes in wood. It is curvy and very girly!! I love it. Then later about 4pm we loaded everyone up and took them to "Kids Eat Free Saturday Night between 4-8pm" At Shari's :) It so fun to walk in with 4 of 5 children who eat regular meals and let them order whatever they want and it dosen't ever end up on our bill :) We do this on tuesday nights too at Denny's! They acually hold our booth for us since we normally show up at the same time every week and I bet we've been going for at least 10-12 weeks consistantly now!!! The girls have a blast and are so cute when they order. Someone came up to us this time and said "Your girls are so good! We are shocked that they are all sitting down and listening and being quiet!" We of course said "We starved them all day and then drugged them before coming"...NO, not really!!! We told them "Thank you" and made sure the girls heard them and then told the girls that we thought they were being really good as well. This is why we do this week after week to teach them manners and how to handle themselves in a public place. And to eat for less money...why not? For that I can't feed all of us for any less at home. (And I don't have to cook :) We are very proud of them!

Anyways, I really got way off topic. SUNDAY was the best day!!! We went to the Tri-Cities (Kennewick actually...and of course after church) for the yearly spring shoes...Salt Water Sandals (in white)!!! Thankfully, we found everyones size. Brandon refused to let me get Brady a navy pair! I was so bummed!!! But I understand him not wanting his son to wear them so we agreed to get him some different ones. Besides his fat little foot would NEVER have fit in there!!! Brandon even bought a pair of Adidas slip-ons for around the yard and neighborhood. That means I need to find some :) The guy at the register gave us an additional 15% off! He was amazed by how young we were and in awe of us having 5 kids! He said his wife wants 5 (CRAZY lady!), both Brandon and I started laughing, hard...and then we quickly said they are lots of work but lots of fun too!!!


We also ate at The Olive Garden...yummy!!! And NO kids didn't eat free we had to pay for them!!! Their drinks were included in the meal though!! I had the Soup, salad and breadsticks for $5.95...pretty good deal considering it's all you can eat! I Love doing that with Christina when I am over visting and we get to sneak away for a lunch! The girls were hyper on the way home but as soon as their little heads hit the pillow last night they were out! I need to wear them out that well today!!



That was our weekend! Hope yours was good too!

1 comment:

Christina Johnson said...

Mmm Olive Garden! I'm jealous! :o)
Busy little bees you guys are! That's awesome that you guys got to get out and have family time!