Tuesday, March 18, 2008

C*R*A*Z*Y Neighbors!

So for those of you who don't know we live between 2 "older couples" they are retired and one of the couples is soooooooooo GRUMPY! They are (were) friends and bought in our development because of the nice rambler floor plans. Last summer as we were coming and going the girls would always wave to our neighbors and say on our right since their back yard butts up against our side yard. They would always totally ignore them and not ever say hi to me or the girls EVER. They did however, talk to Brandon and when we were deciding what fence to but up Brandon went to talk to them. They were not willing to entertain any of our ideas and went ahead and built a horrible fence (not only building below the 6 foot line but they used horrible boards). Now, the other couple did take our thoughts of a fence to heart and went with the same one we would do. They built theirs last fall and built it 6 foot above grade where as the other couples ended up being 6" or more shorter than what we needed it to be to be able for our fence to attach and look nice. So Brandon just built ours right up by theirs. Well, they are NOT happy!!! Here are some pictures of what our neighbor did because our fence ended up being a little higher that his!





The other couple is so sweet and assured us that he can get mean sometimes. They are shaking their heads and now the grumpy old man won't have anything to do with the nice couple since he was helping Brandon some last week. I actually found it funny that he went out bought a few boards and nailed them up to make some point. We are having a great time killing him with kindness. I mean, really what else can you really do. But we aren't frustrated like he is hoping we would be! I think it is sad. Hopefully, one day soon this will all blow over.

3 comments:

Christina Johnson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina Johnson said...

HA! Go stick a blank pad and pen in a bucket on his front door so he can come up with some better ideas (a "bucket list")of things he wants to accomplish before he dies a mean old man!

~The White family~ said...

I know I should! I still REALLY want to say what you told me to! I think maybe it would put him in his place a little :)