Saturday, August 16, 2008

HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY LORELAI & REAGAN!!!!

NOW

THEN

Four years ago today we had our TWINS!!! Lorelai Faith was born at 8:09am and weighed 5#11oz and Reagan Hope was born at 8:11am and weighed 5lbs 3oz. They spent 16 L O N G days in the NICU because of being born at 34 weeks. The one sweet story from the NICU I will ALWAYS remember is that on one of the firsts days they were in the hospital and giving the girls formula through the feeding tubes and neither one would "eat" both of their tummy's were tight and they weren't relaxing. One of the nurses thought about putting them together in one crib. When she did that they both started to relax and "eat" and from that day on they stayed in the same crib until they were 16 months old! Even now some morning I will peek in on them and one of them will have moved into the other ones bed. It's so precious. I never thought they'd have such a strong bond as they do considering they are fraternal twins and not identical. I guess they are proving me wrong and I couldn't be happier. I love seeing the bond they share.

1 comment:

Christina Johnson said...

I love that story too!