Monday, August 18, 2008

Our Weekend

Well, what a weekend we have had! Brandon's parents were here and we spent our time going on trips to the ER & Urgent Care! I am so tired! My poor little man has been suffering from what we thought was a respiratory infection, ear infection and sinus infection and then adding all that to his asthma and eczema! The ER doctor gave him antibiotic shots to go along with his oral antibiotics, steroids and nebulizer treatments (2 medications through that). He had some sort of "reaction" yesterday afternoon. He broke out in welts/hives on his eye lids and some on his legs. Today at our doctor visit she took about 2 hours with us and explained that sometime ER Doctor's aren't too good with babies. The ER doctor did not have a good bedside manner with us either and I was a bit frustrated by the time we left. She also thinks he is suffering a VERY, VERY BAD asthma attack. She decided it was time to stop doing rescue treatments through the nebulizer and try an inhalator which will be so much faster as it will be one puff instead of trying to hold a very busy one year old for 15-20 minutes to get a treatment by the nebulizer. I am so thrilled about this. It will mean a much faster response time and hopefully he will feel better faster in the future. His lungs were/are very inflamed she said by looking at the x-rays. He was in great distress and thankfully he is getting better. We stopped the oral antibiotic since the welts/hives was his body telling us he couldn't handle it. We still have to do the steroids because he needs them to breathe, it helps open up those swollen airways. Pray for him. He has been through so much this weekend. He has scared me so bad. I feel like I am about to lose it! I am so grateful he is getting better because I might have had a breakdown by now if not ;) We see the doctor again on Wednesday to check in and make sure he is on the right track and getting even better from today!

Here are some pictures of our weekend. I have to add that looking at these pictures you'd never know Brady was in such distress. He tried so hard to be a happy little boy at times. He got tired easily and loved to be cuddled but after a little rest and some lovin' he'd play for a bit. The girls had a fun time dressing up their brother as you can see. I guess we should look into some boy dress-up clothes. This is what happens when you have 4 older sisters! However, Daddy wasn't too impressed with his littlest pretty, pretty princess! :)

SO PRETTY ;)

YEP, time to get some boy dress-up clothes!


We also celebrated the twins turning 4 years old!!! We had a BBQ with Brandon's parents and some friends! Here are some pictures of the twins making cupcakes for the party and at the party.

Making strawberry "pupcakes"

Working together...

...and working hard!

Brady talking on the phone, and standing ALONE!

Time to decorate

Lorelai and Reagan let Makenna and Lexi decorate a "pupcake"

A few presents from friends

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LORELAI & REAGAN!"

Everyone got to blow out a candle!

The girls did a great job decorating! I guess Auntie Rachel has been teaching them a few things :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Brady is doing better! I think we both had a little bit of a crazy weekend:) I am just glad every day is a new day!! Talk to you soon! I will see you in the morning for walking:)

Christina Johnson said...

XOXOXOX

Christie said...

Poor Brady, I am praying for you all! I don't know how your do it, God is definitely on your side. He did look cute in that tiara I hate to say....