*UPDATE - Well, after looking at her this morning and talking with my Mom I called our doctor and she said that it sounded like Lorelai was having an allergic reaction. She upped the dose of Benadryl and said to call if anything changed. About 2pm she started complaining of a bad stomachache and under her eyes had a purplish color and she was still having a lot of swelling even after the higher dose of Benadryl. I called the nurse and she said to bring her right in. We saw a different doctor as our doctor was off this afternoon and he said she is having anaphylactic reaction. Thankfully, she isn't experiencing any breathing issues but because her tongue is swollen he said we need to keep a very close watch on her. He also gave her a much stronger antihistamine prescription to help with all her symptoms. So, hopefully she will be feeling better soon and I am so thankful we know what it is!!! I will keep you updated if anything changes!I took the twins in yesterday to the doctor because Reagan was coughing and running a low grade fever. And Lorelai had a weird rash on her face, neck and upper chest as well as on her back. The doctor ruled out all major illnesses with rashes and said it could be Coxsackie. But I'm not convinced...I think she is having an allergic reaction to something. Everything I read about Coxsackie is more of a rash around the mouth, hands and feet like Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease or Fifth Disease. She has the swelling which I can't find as a symptom. She also itches really bad and says her tongue feels weird. Never a fever, no cold symptoms...so we will just wait and see if Reagan gets it or someone else because it is contagious. So far after 36+ hours no one else has a hint of a rash. So I am curious as to what this may be!!! Any ideas? Feel free to let me know! As of yesterday we are house bound until this is figured out!!! I will keep you updated.

My little burrito

Lorelai's face today...still swollen!

Lorelai's back yesterday - today it looks better!

Lorelai's face yesterday

Lorelai sleeping on the couch yesterday with her "Daddy Blanket"! She is holding onto a sticker that Darrik had just given her before she fell asleep.
10 comments:
Poor babies! Lorelai's face today looks almost puffier than yesterday, or is that just the picture?
No, it's not the picture! It is puffier :(
Did you try Benadryl? If it's allergies that might help.
Poor kids and mom! I hate mystery illnesses.
Poor kiddo's. Rash's must be the thing. Ethan has been sick, cold and croup...he had a little rash on his belly, his legs, and face. And yesterday he woke up from a nap and his arms were covered in a rash...so I freaked and took him to the Dr. and she said it was from a fever and the virus that he has. But no swelling or itching...poor Lorelai. I hope she starts feeling better soon...or you figure out what's causing it.
Good greif! Just saw the update, what is the anaphylactic reaction to?
It's from the fiberglass resin that Brandon was using in the garage!
Oh no! Naughty Daddy!
Oh your poor babies...and poor mommy! Praying for you. Let me know if you need anything.
Poor girl! I am thinking about you!!!
Post a Comment