Monday, June 16, 2008

Brady Waffles...made special for him :o)

Brady got to try Vegan Waffles for dinner tonight! They contain NO dairy or eggs! He started off not being sure about them but ended up eating the whole waffle. We went to the Health Food Store here in Moses Lake and the owner was very helpful. I think we will be going back for some "egg" substitute and some rice bread and possibly another box of these yummy waffles. They also have Vegan ice cream but I want to try the Rice Dream ice cream first since he is drinking the Rice Dream "milk"! Who I would be learning all this new stuff. I am still so overwhelmed, but we have his ONE YEAR check-up tomorrow (minus the shots since they ran out of them...didn't know that was possible) Anyways, I hope to learn some new things to feed him. I am so nervous now about trying anything new!

"What are you trying to feed me Mom?"

"This doesn't taste too bad."

Wheat free, Dairy free and Eggless!
An allergy free food that makes mommy and baby happy, even if it's $4 for 6 waffles. Can't put a price on being healthy!

3 comments:

Christina Johnson said...

He's so cute!
I'm not sure why but when I think of his 'new' diet, and picture you all going out and ordering for him I get that scene from Notting Hill with the weird Fruitarian chick in my head and it makes me laugh :o)

Anonymous said...

Ethan used to eat the same waffles...he was dairy free just up until his second birthday...he's seems to be ok now with Milk. But he still likes and drinks soy milk. Fred Meyer actually has a good selection of that kind of stuff too...if you have one close by.

~The White family~ said...

Charli - I wish he could have soy but the doctor thinks he would be allergic to that too since Brady is allergic to the milk protien which I guess is very close to the soy protien. But to make sure he isn;t missing out on foods he just had a blood test done yesterday and that should help us determine what he can have. They sure have more products out there made with soy verses rice!