Sunday, June 29, 2008

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY BRADY!


My BIG BOY today!!! Happy Birthday Brady! Everyone loves you so much. I can't even imagine life without you now. We are so blessed that God gave you to us! You sure taught us lots in a short amount of time about trusting God and knowing he has everything under-control!


Here is my Myspace Blog that I wrote to all our friends and family telling the story of that day:
BRADY CARTER WHITE
Born: June 29, 2007 @ 11:28pm
Weight: 5lbs 4ozs
Length: 18" long


Yes, we had him!!! It was quite the wild ride Friday! My Mom and I went to see the doctor like planned to check in on baby and see if my fluid stayed the same or went down. Had my ultrasound first that showed a decrease in fluid. It was 3.8cm the day before and on Friday it was 3.3cm, way way too low! The doctor told me he was going to admit me into the hospital to keep an eye on baby and give him a few days to grow. So at about 3:30pm I was admitted into Evergreen's Maternity Center on the Antipartam floor (where mom's go who are waiting to have babies who are high-risk) I got one of the nicest nurses I have ever had. She was so sweet and cared for me like I was her own daughter. She brought me dinner, snacks, water, juice and movies!!!! My Mom got me settled in and then went home to watch the twins. The nurse put on a movie for me and went to do her rounds. At about 8:30pm I started having some really fast heart rate that made my head hurt so I pushed my "nurse" button. She came in and took my blood pressure which was high (can't remember that detail) And my pulse was at 129BPM! She put me back on the baby monitor to see how baby was doing with all this. I started having some cramping so she put on the monitor for contractions as well. And would you believe it...I was have contractions show upon the monitor. They started out as bad period cramps and ended up as painful contractions. She called the doctor right then and he had he give me a shot of tributline to stop the contractions. However, they didn't stop. She called the doctor back and he asked if I was dilated so the charge nurse came in to check. She said all she could feel was baby! So then their story changed...we were going to have a baby! I called Brandon to tell him to get his butt over here because at the point he was still in Moses Lake. They had me call my Mom to come back in because they weren't going to be able to wait for Brandon to get there. I was told we were having a emergency c-section. They started prepping me for surgery and I got my spinal block right before my Mom showed up. It took about 35-40 minutes to get him out because of all the scaring I have from the ablasion. Usually it only take 3-5 minutes if everything is normal. They finally pulled him out at 11:28pm and started looking him over. I heard him cry right away. They started sewing me up and look him off to be evaluated.

He had to be put on a respirator for the first 20 hours or so and then something called a c-pap for air. He wasn't breathing too well because of there being NO fluid when he was delivered. So as of today he is breathing completely on his own, started feedings with a bottle and is under billy lights to get his billyruben down. He is doing so well. We are hoping to bring him home really soon. I will try an keep you updated as much as I can.

I want to end with this...I have learned so much over the past 7 months. Even though this pregnancy started as a bleak one with all the trials and things to overcome it has truly shown me the power of our God. He is so amazing and I am now a mother to a miracle baby. So many doctors told me this would end tragically. I am so glad I didn't listen to them. I am so happy I went back to my old high-risk Doctor, Dr. Gravila who told me that we could do it!!! And we did with lots of prayers from all of you and one powerful loving God. The doctor who delivered me came in the next day and said this to me...."Your son is a miracle baby!" I can't even explain how he is even here right now. When I saw your uterus I was amazed you even got pregnant let alone carried a healthy baby to 33 weeks! A healthy uterus looks nothing like yours...they are red, fluffy flesh that a placenta can attach to. Yours is smooth and white! When I went to take the placenta out it just fell into my hands. I am not sure how it was even attached. It must have found some way or you wouldn't have your baby boy! He just shook his head and said I have never seen anything like it before...He's a true miracle!

Thank you all again for your prayers. I am so happy to me a mommy to 5 they are all miracles in my eyes but I am amazed by the power God has and I am so blessed that he choose me to be their Mommy!



Here are some pictures of my little baby! I can't believe how fast this past year has been. He went from 5.4lbs to 24.5lbs! What a wild, yet fun ride it's been this far!

In the hospital (off the respirator and C-PAP but under billy-lights for the second time!)

Going Home! After 19 LONG days he is FINALLY WIRELESS :)

At home (at Gamma Judy's) later that night!

2 comments:

Christina Johnson said...

Happy Birthday little man!

I wish this weekend turned out differently, but I'm thankful I got to see you guys, even if just for a bit.

xoxox

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRADY!! He's so special and I love him so much! lots of hugs and kisses xoxo!! only 3 more days!!!